Courses earned at another college or university are accepted for credit at Carl Albert State College according to the following guidelines:
• Transfer credits earned by students at institutions accredited by the HLC or other
regional accrediting agency, or the Oklahoma State Regents are accepted for
transfer to CASC at face value.
• Transcripts from all institutions previously attended must be submitted. The CASC transcript will be a true reflection of all courses and grades completed.
• Credit for extrainstitutional learning, once recorded at a State System institution, is transferable on the same basis to CASC.
• Transfer courses not listed in a published transfer guide will be judged equivalent when a comparable course is found in the CASC Catalog and having similar credit hours, subject, content, freshman or sophomore level, clock hours, meeting times and attendance, and grading system.
• Only freshman and sophomore level courses are comparable and applicable to the associate level degree and certificate.
• Transcripts from the Armed Forces of the United States are translated to college credit as recommended by the American Council on Education.
CASC does not accept courses for transfer according to the following guidelines:
• Credits earned by a student at an institution that is not accredited by a recognized national accrediting agency.
• Credits earned at a vocational and technical school, unless cooperative agreements exist.
• Units or credits earned from Continuing Education and/or professional development training.