At Carl Albert State College (CASC) we are ranked in the top 10% of all community colleges nation-wide, we have the lowest tuition in Oklahoma, and we are close to home!
CASC classes are available in Poteau, Sallisaw, and online. We offer small classes, a friendly and safe environment, and a well-rounded campus experience. The Poteau campus provides dorms for students who wish to experience on-campus living, along with many clubs, activities, and a variety of campus intramurals. Viking athletics include men and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, and co-ed cheerleading.
We offer a number of associate’s degrees for students in planning their course of study. For all our students, including the working adult with other commitments, CASC offers day, evening, and online courses to fit busy schedules. With three degrees completely online, CASC is accessible for students from any location.
Students and their parents are realizing more than ever that Carl Albert State College is a great choice. We have administration, faculty, and staff who make student success a priority. Whether planning to live on campus, commute, or take online courses - Carl Albert meets students’ needs in an efficient, effective, and economical manner. We provide excellent educational opportunities, and continue to achieve the highest graduation rates in the state.
Carl Albert State College is proud to be Affordable, Accessible, and Exceptional.
CASC faculty and staff are dedicated to these Values:
1. Student Centricity – a supportive learning-centered community created to meet diverse student needs in the achievement of academic and personal goals for lifelong learning opportunities
2. Educational Quality – exceptional programs and services striving for continuous improvement for student success
3. Integrity – honesty, courtesy, responsibility, and ethical conduct within the college community and with other constituencies
4. Accessibility – a broad range of academic programs, general education, and student services to meet student needs in an efficient, effective, and economical manner
5. Community Collaboration – cooperative partnerships with other educational institutions, agencies, and organizations to better the global community
6. Leadership – engagement and civic responsibility at local, national and global levels
CASC faculty and staff pursue these Goals:
1. Preparation of students for success in further educational endeavors, careers, and a life of service and leadership;
2. High academic standards and rigor;
3. Evaluative processes of educational experiences to provide data-driven assessments and outcomes;
4. Instilling student perseverance, independent learning, and critical thinking skills throughout college and life;
5. Providing a safe and conducive environment for learning;
6. Contemporary and effective use of technology;
7. Promoting local opportunities for student and community success;
8. Encouraging a global perspective and lifelong learning.