Learning Resource Center Tutoring Program
CASC Tutoring Program is a peer-based tutoring program designed to provide one-on-one assistance and small group support to students enrolled at Carl Albert State College.
Tutoring is available in the Learning Resource Center (LRC) located on the Poteau Campus in the Ollie Center Room 1301
Spring and Fall Hours
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The LRC program offers:
- Computer access for students
- Instructors' notes
- Textbooks that can be used by any students in the lab (on-site only)
- Semi-quiet study area
Our services are provided for students to
- Develop basic skills
- Serve as refresher sessions for students who are academically strong but have forgotten basic curriculum principles
- Develop a positive attitude toward learning
- Develop effective study habits
- Increase the student’s understanding of the subject matter to achieve their educational goals
- Reduce classroom failure rates
- Improve CASC student retention
CASC offers two unique free tutoring programs:
1. College Eligible Tutoring: This program provides tutoring for students enrolled at Carl Albert State College. Tutoring sessions can be both individual and group sessions.
2. Student Support Service Tutoring: This program provides tutoring for students who are currently enrolled in the Student Support Services Program and have met the eligibility guidelines. Students are tutored at the Learning Resource Center. The goal of this tutoring program is to provide one-on-one assistance. In exceptional situations, tutoring sessions may be established where the tutor will be working with more than one tutee in any given hour.
For additional information contact Crissy Keeton at 918-647-1319.
Tutoring is located on the Sallisaw campus in SC 8025.
Spring and Fall Hours:
General tutoring 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
General tutoring: 8:00 -
3:00 Monday - Thursday and closed on Fridays
English tutoring 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m Monday - Thursday in the Cafeteria Room SC 8029
Math tutoring has flexible hours - contact Cindy Boster at 918-776-9299
For more information about tutoring please contact:
Cindy Boster - Math