The Office of Admissions & Records is the official keeper of student academic records and is responsible for maintaining and releasing the student’s record. Per Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Buckley Amendments) or FERPA, the college will not release student information to any third party without the written consent of the student. — Therefore, all requests for a transcript must be done with the student’s signature permission to do so.
How to Order an Official Transcript from CASC
Please know that your student record is strongly protected by the Office of Admissions and it will only be released to the student with proper identification and signature permission. Students may request an official transcript using our standard [ TRANSCRIPT REQUEST (1718) ] form, or receive a transcript upon demand when walk-in to the Office of Admissions, Poteau campus. Transcripts are typically processed within 5 working days when ordered by fax or mail. There is no charge for CASC transcripts ordered through the standard Transcript Request form.
How to Order a Transcript
Students may order a transcript by downloading our [ TRANSCRIPT REQUEST (1718)] form and delivering the request to the:
1. In Person: Office of Admissions in Hemphill Hall, on the Poteau campus
2. Fax: 918-647-1306
3. Mail: Office of Admissions, Transcript Request, 1507 So McKenna, Poteau, OK 74953
An electronic transcript delivery service is now available at CASC. Students may order a transcript for a $5.00 per transcript fee using the National Student Clearinghouse (NSCL) services for ordering and tracking. Students may click here for Transcript Ordering Center services with NSCL and drop/down select Carl Albert State College. While this paid service is quicker that then standard transcript mail order service, overnight IS NOT guaranteed or advertised. It is a quicker delivery, since postal system is not used.
For transcript orders made during holidays, weekends, or other days the college campus may be closed, the e-Transcript and standard Transcript Requests will be processed on the next available work day. — Please allow sufficient time for the transcript to be delivered whether choosing the e-Transcript or mail order.
How to Order GED Testing Results
How to Order your High School Transcript
FAQ — Frequently Asked Questions
1.Can my Father walk-in and pick up a copy of my transcript? The answer is No, because without written permission to do so, the record belongs to the student and only the student has the right to get a copy of his academic record.
2. My Wife is coming to campus, I have asked her to pick up a copy of my transcript. How can she pick up my transcript? Students can provide written permission for the Wife to pick up the transcript. What the Office of Admissions requires is a “permissions” note, that is, student needs to write on plain paper:
> who is picking up the transcript (full name, address, date of birth or some other identifier),
> specify the relationship to student (Mother, Father, spouse, friend), and
> identifying information of the student (student’s printed name and signature, last four digit of the Social Security Number, CASC ID preferred, date of birth), and
> copy of their photo ID and the number of copies.
3. I have a FERPA release form on file that gives my Sister permission to my academic records. Can she pick up my transcript or do I still have to give her a “permissions” note? When students give another person permission (with the FERPA release form) to their academic records, then, that specific person may walk-in to the Office of Admissions and pick up a transcript with their photo ID. Sister may also submit the Transcript Request form by mail or fax with their photo ID. (A standard form is available to students who want to give their parent, spouse, or other permission to their academic records. Click here to print out “FERPA Permissions to Release Education Record (1718)“ form and return it to the Office of Admissions)
4. How much does a transcript cost? There is no charge to have an official transcript printed and mailed. For a $5.00 fee, an electronic transcript is now available for electronic delivery using the services of the National Student Clearinghouse (this service is not an overnight delivery service).
5. When can I pick up an official transcript after the semester ends? The standard semester ends on Friday. Transcript are generally available no later than the following Wednesday (typically, they are available sooner.) This includes students who are graduating and are awaiting conferral of the degree.
6. On the Graduation Application, I asked that my official transcript be mailed to another college. When will it be mailed? After the term ends, graduation is a priority. Degree and date of conferral are posted to the student’s transcript and official transcripts for graduates (for those who so requested on the Grad Application) are mailed no later than the following Wednesday.
7. I have unpaid tuition/fees. Can I still get a transcript? The answer is No. Students who have “Holds” on their Business Accounts from unpaid tuition, fees, fines, or other expenses can not receive an Official transcript. (Additionally, students should know that once the Transcript Request is given to the Office of Admissions and the transcript “ordered”, the official transcript will be automatically printed once the Business Hold is removed. )
8. Can I walk-in and pick up a transcript without my photo ID? Then answer is absolutely NO! — The Office of Admissions will not give a transcript to a student without proof of who they are. So, if you walk-in to the Office of Admissions, you had better bring photo ID (i.e. driver’s license or CASC ID card) !
9. Can CASC overnight deliver my transcript? The Office of Admissions does not offer overnight delivery services. We strive to process transcript requests as soon and as quickly as possible, but, do not guarantee or advertise overnight delivery of the transcript record.
10. Will CASC fax my transcript to another college? No. In an effort to protect the privacy of your academic transcript record, we do not allow your transcript record to be faxed.
11. How do I order an official transcript from another be delivered to CASC? Students are encouraged to contact that college/university and understand their policy on how to order an official transcript. Some colleges have fees or maybe the students has a Hold on their accounts preventing delivery of the transcript. CASC does offer a standard form that students may conveniently use to order a transcript from another college and requesting a delivery to CASC. (click here for the form TRANSCRIPT REQUEST – Mail to CASC (1718)). This form is the same as used to order a high school transcript. Photo ID must accompany the request.