CASC Poetry Contest
The Carl Albert State College Fine Arts and Communication Division is hosting the 2018 Poetry Contest.
All contestants must be enrolled as a CASC student for the 2018 spring semester. The rules for the contest are as follows.
- Poets are limited to two original entries, and each poem must be no longer than one 8.5” x 11” page. Plagiarism is grounds for disqualification.
- Poems that have already been published will not be accepted in this contest.
- Each entry should be typed in 12 pt. Times New Roman.
- Place the poet’s name on the page with the poem.
- Entries may be submitted in person to the Fine Arts and Communications Division, Ollie Center 3rd floor, or mailed to Carl Albert State College, ATTN: Susan Hill, 1501 S. McKenna Street, Poteau, OK 74953. Entries may also be emailed to email@example.com. Be sure to include all entry form information in the text of the email and insert the poem as a Word document or PDF attachment.
- Each entry should have the following entry form information stapled to it or included within an email if submitting entries by email.
- Zip code
- Phone number
- State “yes” to the following. “I give permission for my original work to appear in the Runestone, A CASC publication featuring CASC students’ work.”
- All entries must be received by April 1, 2018.
- Winners will be announced at 2:15 on April 11 in the CASC Joe E. White Library in conjunction with National Library Week. First place will receive a $50 gift card to the CASC bookstore.