Educational Opportunity Center
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a federally funded TRiO program. TRiO programs were originally established in 1965 to ensure equal educational opportunity for Americans, regardless of race, ethnic background or economic circumstance. EOC became the fourth TRiO program when it was established in 1972.
EOC provides counseling and information on college admissions to qualified adults in eastern Oklahoma and western Arkansas. EOC also provides services to improve the financial and economic literacy of its participants. An important objective of the program is to counsel participants on financial aid options, including basic financial planning skills, and to assist with the financial aid application process. EOC’s goal is to increase the number of adults who successfully enroll in college or technical school.
EOC offers a variety of services and resources. From information and study materials to hands on assistance with the FAFSA and group workshops. Our advisors are equipped to help you successfully meet your educational goals.
- Referral to adult education & GED classes
- Information about colleges, universities and technical schools
- Assistance with admissions paperwork to any college, university or technical school
- Assistance with financial aid applications, including FAFSA
- Financial literacy, student loan counseling & loan default recovery information
- Test preparation, including GED, ACT, Accuplacer, SAT, & CLEP
- Student success tools, such as access to PhotoStudy for math and science assistance, access to Reading Plus for building reading and comprehension skills, and various training modules for Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and more
- Interest assessments, including O*Net Career Interest Inventory & O*Net Career Values Inventory
- Online access to career & major exploration resources such as OKCIS and Virtual Job Shadow
- Access to online Job Readiness and Soft Skill training modules through Applied Educational Systems and resume building tools and guides