• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Minutes
  • 00Seconds

Grants are financial aid that do not have to be repaid by the student and are generally for undergraduate students.  They are based on need, cost of attendance, and enrollment status.  CASC offers Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant (FSEOG/SEOG), and Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG).

Federal Pell Grant
This grant is the foundation of federal financial aid and provides aid to low-income undergraduate students with the greatest demonstrated need.  
Apply using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
2022-2023 Maximum: $6,895
2023-2024 Maximum: $7,395

Year-Round Pell
Year-Round Pell (YRP) means students may be eligible for 150% of their Pell award for the academic year they are attending. In the past, a student would be only eligible for 100% of their scheduled Pell award during a single academic year (50% received in the Fall, 50% received in the Spring). With YRP, a student can receive their full Pell award AND an additional 50% of his/her schedule Pell award for an additional term (Summer). In order to be awarded Summer financial aid, students must complete and submit the Summer Financial Aid Application to the Office of Financial Aid.  This form can be found here under Other Documents.
The additional Pell is only available to students who are enrolled in at least 6 credit hours (half-time). Pell funds may be available for students enrolled in less than 6 hours for the Summer term only if they have not used 100% of their Pell award in the Fall/Spring terms.

*Note: The lifetime eligibility usage for Pell is 600%. In the past the 600% would equal to 6 years of Pell grant eligibility. With year-round Pell, the 600% eligibility can be exhausted in 4 years if a student uses full-time Pell awards for three terms (Fall, Spring, and Summer) every academic year.

A student may decline all or part of a disbursement of Federal Pell Grant funds he would otherwise be eligible to receive in order to preserve future eligibility for larger Federal Pell Grant awards under the 600 percent Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) limit.
To decline or return a Federal Pell Grant, the student must:
   – Provide a signed, written statement clearly indicating the student is declining, or returning, Federal Pell Grant funds for which she is otherwise eligible, and acknowledging that the funds may not be available once the award year is over; and
   – Return funds directly to the school, if already disbursed.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
This grant provides need-based aid to help low-income undergraduate students with exceptional need.  Funding is limited and priority is given to Federal Pell Grant recipients with the lowest expected family contributions (EFC).  Apply using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Students receiving SEOG are allowed up to $1000 for the academic year as funds are available.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG)
This grant is a need-based grant program for Oklahoma residents who attend an eligible college, university, or career technology center in Oklahoma.
– Priority will be given to Pell-eligible students with the most unmet financial need who do not have other state aid, institutional aid, or other aid applied, and to those who have remained continuously enrolled.  Other academic circumstances may also be evaluated.
– There will be no minimum enrollment requirement.
– Maximum Yearly Award: $1,500
This grant is funded by the Oklahoma State Regents.