The National Guard State Tuition Waiver Program (STW) entitles eligible members of the Oklahoma Army and Air National Guard who are attending two or four year accredited institutions of higher learning within the State of Oklahoma to the following benefit. This benefit will waive the resident tuition of satisfactory participating Oklahoma National Guard members who are Oklahoma residents. The resident tuition waiver can waive up to eighteen (18) credit hours per semester per institution. The recipient must be pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree and be enrolled in a minimum of three (3) hours to receive the waiver.
– All members of the Oklahoma Army National Guard (does not include the Inactive National Guard).
– Soldier becomes eligible for the State Tuition Waiver program upon date of enlistment and has a high school diploma/GED.
– In order to be eligible to receive the State Tuition Waiver the Soldier must have sufficient time remaining on their service contract to complete the semester.
– Soldier must be an Oklahoma resident, as determined by the college or university in which enrolled. Soldier should be aware that these requirements vary with each institution and the Oklahoma Army National Guard can not waive these requirements.
– Eligible Soldiers can not currently hold a baccalaureate or graduate degree. (This program is for pursing up to the first bachelor degree only).
– As long as a Soldier is pursuing an associate or baccalaureate degree from any accredited institution, the hours taken will be waived, only if the hours taken will count toward that pursued degree. Total number of hours per semester, per institution, which will be waived will not exceed eighteen (18) hours. (Must enroll in a minimum of three (3) semester hours.
– In order to benefit from this program the Soldier must meet the admission and retention standards of the college or university in which they are enrolled. They must also make satisfactory progress toward the completion of a degree.
– If the Soldier drops course(s) past the drop/add date, established by the institution, then the Soldier becomes responsible for the tuition, the institution will not waive the tuition for dropped course(s) and the Soldier will be charged.
– If the Soldier drops below a 2.0 cumulative GPA the Soldier will not be eligible for the State Tuition Waiver Program until they maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
For more information, contact the Oklahoma National Guard at (800)362-4534 or visit their web site.