Types of Financial Aid


Grants are financial aid that do not have to be repaid by the student and are generally for undergraduate students.  They are based on need, cost of attendance, and enrollment status. CASC offers Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant (FSEOG/SEOG), and Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG).
Click here for more information.

Work Study
Carl Albert State College (CASC) offers part-time employment opportunities through the Work-Study program. The purpose of this is to help students offset the cost of their education as well as help them develop job skills for future employment. There are two categories to the program: Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Institutional Work-Study (IWS).
Click here for more information.

CASC does not automatically award student loans.  CASC offers Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and Parent PLUS Loans to eligible students. To request a student loan you must complete a Student Loan Request Form. To request a Parent PLUS Loan you must complete a Parent PLUS Loan Application. If our office determines that you are eligible for a student loan, you will receive an award letter with the amount you can borrow.
Note: You must be enrolled in at least 6 hours to be eligible for a student loan.
Click here for more information.

Scholarships are available annually for many students who require financial assistance to attend college and have demonstrated above average skills and abilities. A Scholarship Committee is responsible for the selection of students to receive scholarships.
Click here for more information.

Oklahoma Promise (OKP)
Oklahoma Promise is a tuition waiver program operated by the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education for eighth, ninth and 10th grade students that will help pay for their college education if their family’s yearly income is $50,000 or less.  The program requires students to take certain high school courses that they will have to pass with good grades. All 2012 and forward high school graduates must complete a FAFSA. For more information about this program, visit their web site.

G.I. Bill
Veterans or dependents of veterans may be eligible for veterans educational benefits.  More information may be found at www.gibill.va.gov or by contacting the CASC Veteran’s Coordinator, Brenda Martin at (918) 647-1393 or brmartin@carlalbert.edu.

National Guard Tuition Waver
The Oklahoma National Guard Tuition Waiver is a full resident tuition waiver for an undergraduate student who is a member in good standing of the Oklahoma National Guard.  An application of eligibility is available from the commanding officer.  If eligible, the Oklahoma National Guard will notify the school.  To be eligible, a student must be enrolled in a program of study leading to an associate degree or a baccalaureate degree and enrolled in a minimum of six hours per semester.  A student may receive a waiver for a maximum of eighteen (18) semester credit hours each semester, for up to six years from the date of first application.  For further information, contact the Oklahoma National Guard at (800)362-4534 or visit their web site here.

Native American Tribal Assistance
Many of the recognized civilized tribes offer assistance to students of Native American descent, providing that the student has verification of descent.  To be eligible for assistance, the student must first complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Once the application is completed, the student must then contact their local tribal agency to receive further assistance.