Grants are financial aid that does not have to be repaid by the student.  Grants are generally for undergraduate students.  They are based on need, cost of attendance, and enrollment status.

Federal Pell Grants
This grant is the foundation of federal financial aid and provides grants to low-income undergraduate students with the greatest demonstrated need.  Apply using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  In the 2017-2018 school year, Federal Pell Grant maximum is $5,920.
Changes to the Federal Pell Grant Starting the 2012-2013 Award Year

Year-Round Pell
The Department of Education has implemented Year-Round Pell. This means a student will now be eligible for 150% of a pell award in a single academic year. In the past a student would be eligible for 100% during a single year. With Year-Round Pell a student can receive their full pell award for an additional (Summer) term.

The additional pell is only available to students who are enrolled in at least 6 credit hours (half-time). Pell funds may be available for students enrolled in less than 6 hours for the Summer 2018 term only if they have not used 100% of their pell award in the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 terms.

In order to be awarded Summer 2018 financial aid, students must turn in the Summer Financial Aid Application to the financial aid office. This form can be found here under optional documents.

*Note: The lifetime eligibility usage for pell is 600%. In the past the 600% would equal to 6 years of pell grant eligibility. With year-round pell, the 600% eligibility can be exhausted in 4 years if a student chooses to use full-time pell awards for three terms (Fall, Spring, and Summer) every academic year.*

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
This grant provides need-based grants to help low-income undergraduate students with exceptional need.  Funding is limited and priority must be given to Federal Pell Grant recipients with the lowest expected family contributions (EFC).  Apply using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Students receiving SEOG are allowed up to $1000 for the 2016-2017 school year as funds are available.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG)
This grant is a need-based grant program for Oklahoma residents who attend an eligible college, university or career technology center in Oklahoma.  Apply using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1, 2016 in order to be eligible.  Awards are approved for full-time or part-time undergraduate students.  For 2017-2018 academic year, CASC OTAG amounts are $100 per year for both part-time enrollment (6-11 hours) and full-time enrollment (12 hours or more).  This grant is funded by the Oklahoma State Regents.