Campus Police

Crime victims, regardless how seemingly insignificant the crime, are encouraged to report any criminal incident to the campus police.

Emergency Numbers

CASC Campus Police  918.647.1400
Poteau Police  918.647.8620
Fire Department  911
Ambulance  911


You may also report a crime by contacting the Office of Student Affairs by calling (918) 647-1370 or visiting the Office of Student Affairs in Hemphill Hall, room 150.

Crime reports may also be emailed to Chad Brown at

If you have any questions concerning crime or the reporting of crime you may contact the Director of Campus Police, Chad Brown at 918.647.1458 or via email at

Clery Annual Notification Letter

Clery Report 2015 Poteau

Clery Report 2015 Sallisaw

Emergency Operations Plan

Registered Sex Offenders:



Hello and welcome to the Carl Albert State College “Parents’ Page”.  The following are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions we have received from students’ parents.  If you have additional questions feel free to contact us.

Q:  Where can I find the statistics for the Crime Rate at CASC? 
  The report is published by the Office of Student Affairs and is available through that office, phone number 647-1371.  You may also view them on this web site by clicking the crime statistics link above in the Clery Report.

Q:  What type of safety programs do you offer?
A:  We offer Crime Prevention/Safety Awareness programs and Sexual Assault Prevention programs.

Q:  How many officers do you have?
  We have 3 full time certified police officers.  On weekend we hire off duty Poteau Police Officers to provide protection to visitors and residents.  In addition we have students which are responsible for building security.

Q:  What is your authority and jurisdiction?
Campus police officers are granted authority and jurisdiction pursuant to Oklahoma Statute Title 74, Section 360.17.  Campus officers are commissioned by the Board of Regent and must be certified in accordance with Title 70 Section 3311.  Campus police officers have the same powers, liabilities, and immunities as sheriffs or police officers within their jurisdiction.

Q: Does CASC have a 911 system? 
Yes.  All Poteau exchange numbers are tied into the Poteau 911 system.  All 911 calls originating on campus land lines are received by the Poteau Police Department Communication Center. 911 calls originating from cellular phones are received by Leflore County 911 system and then dispatched to the appropriate agency (i.e. Poteau Police Department or CASC Campus Police).  The CASC Campus Police would then be dispatched to the location of the 911 call.

Q:  Can someone assist me if I have locked myself out of my car? 
Yes.  Call for the Campus Police at 918-647-7463 and a campus officer will meet you where your vehicle is parked.  A release of liability will be required in case of damage to your vehicle.

Q:  What if my car battery is dead – can I get a jump-start?
Yes.  CASC police will provide a jump-start or you may borrow the jump-start pack.  To borrow the pack, you must present a valid driver’s license or other form of picture I.D. which will be retained until the pack is returned.

Q:  How do I get a copy of a police report?
Generally reports are available the following business day, after preparation and in-house review.  You may request a copy be faxed or mailed, also, be calling the administrative office at 647-1242 during normal business hours.

Q:  Where is the campus police office located?
A:  The police office is located in Hemphill Hall HH161.  It is not staffed 24 hours a day, so it may be necessary to call the Poteau Police Department to have them dispatch an officer to meet you.  You may also contact us through the Office of Student Affairs, located in Hemphill Hall.

Q:  How can Carl Albert State College be a safer place?
  A safer campus begins with you.  Think!