CASC offers associate degrees designed to transfer to four-year degree-granting colleges and universities.
The Veterans’ Certifying Official is located in the Office of Admissions on the Poteau campus and is available to certify the veteran and veteran dependent education benefits.

 For questions about VA benefits, please contact either:

Carl Albert State College
Brenda Martin, Scholarship/VA Coordinator, 918-647-1393,
Dee Ann Dickerson, Registrar/VA Coordinator,  918.647.1307, 

Department of Veteran Affairs
Muskogee Regional Office: 125 South Main Street, Muskogee, OK 74401
1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551)

Steps to Receive Veteran Benefits

APPLY – online!
Veterans and their dependents must first apply for VA educational benefits through one of the following methods:

—1) Apply online using  or
—2) Visit your the VA Regional Office located in Muskogee, Oklahoma to apply in person.
—3) Call 1-888-442-4551 to have the application mailed to you.

The VA will determine the eligibility of the veteran and dependent. The VA will notify the student by letter (letter titled “CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILTIY” ) and specify eligibility details (chapter, percentage  eligibility, dates, etc). Carl Albert will accept the eBenefits’s CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY document for Post 9/11 veteran recipients.

Students should deliver this letter to the VA Certifying Official. Once the student is admitted to the college and enrolled into courses, then, the VA Certifying Official will certify your enrollment to the VA and get your education benefits started!

Students are directed to the VA Coordinator’s office located in the Office of Admissions, Hemphill Hall, for admissions to the college and counseling on how to apply for VA Education benefits, degree planning, and student responsibilities. Prior enrollments and military education will be discussed. Enrollment can take place once evaluation is completed. the VA Coordinator will review course enrollment prior to certification to the VA for funding purposes.

eBenefits is the VA student’s web portal that helps the Veteran, Service members, and their families to access their personal information, check claims and payment history. Carl Albert will accept the eBenefits’s CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY document for Post 9/11 veteran recipients. For a full list of features, click here to learn more about eBenefits; better yet, sign up today!

Carl Albert State College requires all veteran students to submit a copy of their Joint Services Transcriptand transcripts from all colleges previously attended. CASC will evaluate the JST for prior learning credits earned through military education and training, and grant credit as appropriate to the student’s degree. Veteran students  may request their JST online using the Department of Defense web site: [ click here: JOINT SERVICES TRANSCRIPT  or go to: ]

Veteran students who were Air Force may order a Community College of the Air Force transcript either online or by written request [click here for CCAF transcript]

However, if you have problems ordering the JST online, then, scroll to the bottom of this link’s screen and find alternate ways to order your military transcript: [ VA Order Military Transcript ]

Student Responsibility

Students using VA education benefits are expected to understand VA rules that affect their funding and the academic policies that guide my degree completion and directly affect funding.

Students are responsible for:

–submitting a CERTIFICATE of ELIGIBILITY to the VA Coordinator and notifying the VA Coordinator they are admitted and enrolled, and to file VA education benefits for them.
–notifying the VA Coordination when courses are added or dropped, major is changed with the Office of Admissions and are taking classes under a new degree plan.

Student are expected to:

–begin classes and successfully finish those same hours; dropping course hours or failing classes may result in overpayments to the VA
–enroll in only those classes that are listed on your degree plan; when students enroll in classes that are not listed on the degree plan, then the VA Certifying Officer will not certify those hours for VA funding
–be aware that courses may be offered for non-regular, short term dates; fall, spring, summer, winter interim, fall interim, 4 week, 8 week, etc classes are funded as separate terms for VA purposes.

Click here for link to forms and handouts commonly used by CASC VA students.

Direct Deposit Enrollment… [ VBA-29-0309-(Direct Deposit Enroll or Change)]
Reimbursement of National Exam Fee…[VA 22-0810 form]Reimbursement of Licensing or Cert. Test Fee…[VA 22-0803 form]Search other Education forms on GIBILL® website.. [Handouts and Forms]Search resource link on service to civilian career planning   [ ][Note: “GI BILL® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at”]

Application Form in VONAPPCurrent Location to Apply Online
Application for Burial Benefits (VA Form 21P-530)
Application for Pension (VA Form 21P-527EZ)
Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990)


Application for VA Education Benefits Under the National Call to Service Program (VA Form 22-1990N)
Application for Family
Member to Use Transferred Benefits (VA Form 22-1990E)
Dependents’ Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22-5490)
Dependents’ Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (VA Form 22-5495)
Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (VA Form 22-1995)
Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation (VA Form 28-1900)
  1. First, has the student applied for VA Education benefits? The Veterans Online Application (i.e. VONAPP) is available at this website:
  2. For questions, the veteran or student can contact the Muskogee office at the Department of Veteran Affairs, Muskogee Regional Office, 125 South Main Street, Muskogee, OK 74401; or, 1-888-442-4551
  3. The federal government offers the Pell Grant and other aid to which the student can apply online at
  4. Here is a website that offers links and information about veteran related aid. Student may find something useful here:
  5. All colleges offer a range of scholarships to which students may apply through their Financial Aid Office.
  6. Receiving TA Funds? Read our CASC — Return of Unearned TA Fund Policy May 2017.